Last week I hit most of my goals. The chairman of my committee sent the dissertations right at the end of the week, so I didn’t have time to do anything with them right away, but have been glancing at them this evening. I put my library book back in the mail and ordered a couple of other books from the school library.
Things are going well. Part of me wonders if I should just blitz through the entire thesis manuscript this summer (at least in outline form), so that I have a better idea of what I’m looking for as I continue researching. Then I can spend the fall tinkering, tweaking and enhancing. We’ll see what I have time for. I suppose I had that thought because I did a bit more research and found things that would go well into “other chapters” of the thesis. I made note of them, but I’m concerned that my “notes” are becoming an incomprehensible pool if I don’t start putting the other thesis chapters together simultaneously, and I’m not sure how new research sheds light on what I already know if I haven’t synthesized it, yet.
Goals this week:
- Work through Jeremiah 21 and 22 in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic
- Complete a draft of chapter 1 of the thesis. Submit to chairman.
- If I have time: begin chapter 2
Timeline: Chapter 1 due in two weeks.